What to Expect
What to expect on Sundays
It can be daunting walking into a church for the first time – we hope this page will take the edge off that.
- Our building is situated on the corner of Bull Creek Drive and Fyfe Circle. Our large carpark is accessed from Fyfe Circle with people wearing “hi-vis” vests to assist you.
- At the door to the foyer you will be greeted and helped with any questions you may have.
- Morning Service
The morning service starts at 9:30am although some singing takes place beforehand. It is advisable to arrive a little earlier so that we can help you find a seat and settle in. Services typically run till around 10:45 / 11:00am.
- Evening Service
The evening service starts at 6:30pm and runs till about 7:45pm after which you are invited to join us for supper in the hall.
There is no dress code. People wear what is comfortable for them. You will see a range from shorts to shirt-and-tie.
What we do in our services
- We have several readings from the Bible
- We sing 4 or 5 songs together – both traditional hymns and modern songs
- Several prayers are said by a leader from the front
- Church news / announcements are given
- A collection of financial gifts is taken to support the ministry of the church. Visitors are not obliged to give – this is for regulars and members. Also, many will not give in this way because their committed giving happens electronically
- Sometimes we have a special item such as a children’s talk, a visitor sharing about mission work or any story or news that is an encouragement to everyone.
- A large part of the service is a Bible talk from one of the pastors
- Once a month we have communion together:
- Morning Service – the first Sunday of every month
- Evening Service – the second Sunday of every month
Many families with children attend Bull Creek. For children under the age of 4 there are crèche and cry-room facilities. For children from Kindergarten to Year 6 there is a Bull Creek Kids (“BCK”) program that all are welcomed to attend. The BCK program is run during the school term and a holiday program is run during the school holidays. The program is not compulsory and children of any age are welcome to stay in the service.